Business Advisory Services (BAS) is a new type of consulting engagement designed to assist clients through focused facilitated sessions concentrating on an organization’s specific needs. The services will be provided on a one‑on‑one basis addressing specific areas including:
- Strategic Planning • Board Development
- Marketing • Business Planning
- Operations Assessment • Organizational Assessment
BAS consist of monthly two-hour meetings for a period of up to six months; frequency and duration will be determined in the initial assessment interview. The initial assessment interview will also outline the organization’s specific challenges and determine the appropriate experienced consultants to assist in those specific challenges.
BAS is available to qualifying organizations who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a fully accredited 501(c)(3) organization
- Annual budget is a minimum of $500,000 up to a maximum of $2.5 million
- Have a 5‑year business record
- The representative(s) of the selected organizations are required to commit themselves to attending each designated consultation session and to follow-up appropriately.
BAS is made possible through a grant from NYC Service, part of the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City. Through its network of consultants – corporate executives and professionals – who volunteer their expertise, NESC is able to offer management consulting services tailored to solving the individual challenges facing nonprofits. NESC offers these services to diverse organizations for modest fees, far below commercial market rates.
To learn more about BAS or any other services, please send inquiries here.